Wednesday Tuesday, August 29 28, 2007 at 1:13 PM, 8 Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, 4 LAFD Rescue Ambulances, 1 Arson Unit, 1 Hazardous Materials Team, 1 EMS Battalion Captain, 3 Battalion Chief Officer Command Teams, 1 Division Chief Officer Command Team, LAPD and L.A. Co Engines 83 and 6, all under the direction of Battalion Chief John Buck responded to a Structure Fire at 1761 W. Chandeleur in the San Pedro/White Point area.
The initial report coming into the OCD Dispatch Center was for a reported tree fire. Once Fire Department resources arrived on scene the incident was quickly upgraded to a Structure Fire response. The Incident Commander on scene, reported that a 50 foot by 100 foot section of grass on a hillside, had ignited a large pine tree, thus exposing two single family dwellings. The structure located directly in the path of where the fire started sustained the most severe damage.
With temperatures in the 90's and with a light wind, Fire Department personnel engaged in an aggressive ground and interior structure fire attack to knockdown the fire in approximately 20 minutes. The cause of the mid morning blaze was determined to be sparks from a fence welding operation. The dollar loss to the main fire structure was estimated at $600,000 ($550,000 structure, $50,000 contents). The exposure sustained a loss of $10,000 to the structure only. No injuries were reported.
Submitted on behalf of Greg Acevedo
Submitted by d'Lisa Davies
Los Angeles Fire Department
LAFD In The News
L.A. Weather Watches, Warnings & Advisories
CA Wildfire Response
CA State Wildfires
CA Federal Wildfires
Latest Tsunami Bulletin
National Fire News
National EMS News
Consumer Product Recalls & Advisories
Fire Service Advisories
Firefighter Close Calls
U.S. Civilian Fire Deaths
U.S. Firefighter Deaths
Red Flag Parking Status
- ► 2012 (226)
- ► 2011 (207)
- ► 2010 (167)
- ► 2009 (141)
- ► 2008 (228)
- Firefighters Applaud Homeland Security Appointment...
- LAFD Mourns The Loss Of Two Boston Firefighters
- Family of Five Overcome by Carbon Monoxide Fumes
- Deadline Approaching for Fire Sprinkler O-Ring Rec...
- Welding Spark Starts San Pedro Structure Fire
- Haz Mat Incident at LAX Air Cargo Facility
- Three Delivery Trucks Collide in Van Nuys
- Interim Fire Chief Douglas Barry To Lead The LAFD ...
- LAFD Mourns Loss of FDNY Firefighters
- Chemical Release Sends 7 Students To Hospital
- Early Morning Fire Awakens Hollywood Residents
- No Better Time To Prepare than Right Now
- LAFD Awards Ceremony This Sunday at Kodak Theatre ...
- LAFD Video: 'Ventilate' Your Career Dreams
- Griffith Park Burns Again
- California Fire Service Training Conference comes ...
- Fatality Traffic in Canoga Park
- Firefighters Cool Off Troops in the Middle East
- Three Occupancy Strip Mall Burns in Pico Union Are...
- No Fatalities in 210 Freeway Chain of Events
- A True Friend's Simple Yet Poignant Request...
- We Can't Predict, But We Can Prepare!
- Take Advantage of Traveler Emergency Contact Infor...
- Firefighters Rescue Arleta Man From Beneath Vehicl...
- Worker Escapes Serious Injury in Trench Collapse
- U.S. Fire Administration offers 'NFAOnline'
- Video: America's Proudest - LAFD Station 9
- KABC-TV Salutes LAFD 'Cool Kid' Joe Montoya
- The Busiest Fire Stations in Los Angeles
- Workers Spark Pair of High Rise Fires in Los Angel...
- LAFD Turns the Tables on a Tech Interview
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2006 (305)
- ► 2005 (211)